Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, Welcome to my home...


HAPPY TURKEY DAY, EVERYONE!
 You know what that means....time to "Gobble 'Til You Wobble"...


...or collapse face first into your plate of food!

In preparation for Thanksgiving this year, I've been busy this week getting my home ready for family and friends. Last week I posted tips and inspirational ideas for Decorating your home for fall, so I figured I would share with you today some of the ways I decorated my home with the ideas I shared:




The dining table is set...


The fireplace mantel decorating with autumn garland, pumpkins, candles...


and a starfish or two! I love mixing beach elements with traditional elements...


A few blankets folded in a basket under the coffee table for guests to snuggle up with in front of the fireplace...



On top of the coffee table sits a wooden tray filled with autumn magazines like Southern Living and Country home and an over-sized glass vase filled with tall leaf stems I picked up at Pier1. This vase is perfect for every season. I just replace the stems with other seasonal stems and flowers...



Autumn inspired pillows in rich saturated colors are scattered around the living room to create an inviting area for lounging...


Autumn inspired area rugs warm up the living and dining room...


Ceramic pumpkins, autumn scented candles (I prefer "Leaves" by Slatkin and Co.) 


under the sofa table I've added a basket of cinnamon scented pine cones accented with pumpkins, gourds and of course, a starfish...




Sitting area in the kitchen accented with an autumn centerpiece. I created the centerpiece with autumn garland, pumpkins, a candle and used chopped cinnamon sticks as a vase filler...


Apothecary jars filled with pumpkins and gourds. They were on clearance at Hobby Lobby and were actually autumn picks used for floral arrangements.  I just pulled the metal pick out and used them as jar fillers....


A pie plate filled with fresh autumn fruit like apples and pears adorns the butcher block counter top in the corner of the kitchen... 


The front foyer accented with a ceramic pumpkin and my favorite Scentsy Candle Warmer. I have Oats N' Honey melting in there right now. It smells so yummy....



The front porch is ready to welcome guests. These pumpkins I also found at Hobby Lobby on clearance. You would never know they were fake! The truth is by the time I went to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins they were all...well lets just say "undesirable". Thank goodness Hobby Lobby!!

Looks like it's going to be a nice day here at the beach to enjoy time with my family and friends. I blessed in so many ways: family, friends, career opportunities, volunteer opportunities, my church and church family as well as all the soldiers that have fought and are currently fighting for my freedom.


Two of the most precious things I am most thankful for today are:


My amazing husband the Lord blessed me with eight years ago, without him I couldn't be half the woman I am today! 


Our new baby girl growing in my tummy that hubby and I will get to meet in April! 
These are definitely two of the most beautiful blessings a girl can have this year!!


What are you most thankful for this year? I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts.
Have a beautiful day everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Each one I receive is like a sweet little gift! I look forward to reading each one.